On this Memorial Day weekend I'm remembering a song that, for many years, closed every worship service at a church I was attending. Our rendition adjusted the lyrics so as to be as inclusive to as many people as possible in that setting. It was also abbreviated because we sent one another from that experience together, some even arm-in-arm.
Let there be peace on earth
and let it begin with me.
With every step I take
let this be my joyous creed:
To take each moment
and live each moment
in peace, eternally.
Let there be peace on earth
and let it begin with me.
and let it begin with me.
With every step I take
let this be my joyous creed:
To take each moment
and live each moment
in peace, eternally.
Let there be peace on earth
and let it begin with me.
Regardless of the specific words used, the enduring legacy of the song remains its simple, beautiful premise: peace cannot be forced from the top down; it must be cultivated quietly, starting with oneself.
How I long for peace among nations this Memorial Day weekend and how I wish I had a community of peace loving people to again sing it with. May your day be special.

Well written my friend. I also long for peace among nations! War has not solved anything but only added to the problem.
ReplyDelete